Launch Rescheduled

We very very sadly have to cancel our planned weather balloon launch today, due to a change in the wind. Unfortunately our permission from the Civil Aviation Authority stipulates that we cannot launch if the wind direction is southwesterly, which would take the balloon towards Bristol Airport.

This is a map of the predicted trajectory of the balloon – a very definite south westerly route.

Cancelled launch image

Many NASA launches are cancelled on the day due to weather conditions and frequently have to be rescheduled. We’re meeting all of the astronaut applicants this morning to discuss and try and arrange another time. We’ll post the new date here as soon as we can. We’re trying to make a decision about this today so check back later for an update.

Advertisements

One thought on “Launch Rescheduled

  1. Pingback: The Second Attempt | ELLA GOOD & NICKI KENT

Comments are closed.